HomeHome  TmoWorld  Calendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

would you still prefer physical music format?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mingkee
Im always on TmoWorld!
Im always on TmoWorld!

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: would you still prefer physical music format?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:25 pm

I do
I still prefer physical music format (CD, SACD, DVD Audio), because I have full control to choose which audio format
I bought some album units of mp3 from amazon, the quality is not consistent
it claims 256kbps VBR, but I found some are CBR (less quality), and some sounds coarse/distorted, probably they used volume normalizing when encoding (they shouldn't do it)
current format: 192kbps ogg vorbis, with few of them also use 128kbps VBR mp3 for phones
Back to top Go down
View user profile
THECOW

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: would you still prefer physical music format?   Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:09 am

I have no idea what you are talking about... Embarassed Well to be honest and no offense I don't get what you are talking about in 30% of your posts. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T-Marco
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: would you still prefer physical music format?   Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:37 pm

well, mp3 is really good if the quality is at least 256kbps.. ACC, also is good and uses less space, so i would preffer acc or acc+...
128kbps used to be the best quality but not any more..
btw, i know this because i am a dj too Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cellphonesignal.com
TH3 GAM3
Im always on TmoWorld!
Im always on TmoWorld!

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: would you still prefer physical music format?   Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:11 pm

When it comes to music, it doesn't matter to me. When it comes to movies, I prefer physical disc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cyberjr
TmoWorld Fan
TmoWorld Fan

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: would you still prefer physical music format?   Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:40 pm

physical format is still the way to experience the artist, the label and the song or video. Just go watch the Movie Running Man - with Arnold and you will see what they envision for the future, everything on harddrive, no tapes or disc's, etc.

as far as mp3, mp4, aac, aac+, amr. Stop!! it was all about compaction or compression they needed formats to minimize storage space.

Aac+ is the most compressed format i believe for audio and the h264 is the becoming the standard for video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: would you still prefer physical music format?   

Back to top Go down

would you still prefer physical music format?
Page 1 of 1