Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  TmoWorld  Calendar  Latest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Election 08' who will you support

Go down 
+3
arcon
THECOW
Tmobile Craver
7 posters

Who will you support in 08'
Barack Obama
Election 08' who will you support Vote_lcap73%Election 08' who will you support Vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
John Mccain
Election 08' who will you support Vote_lcap0%Election 08' who will you support Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ralph Nader
Election 08' who will you support Vote_lcap9%Election 08' who will you support Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Bob Barr
Election 08' who will you support Vote_lcap0%Election 08' who will you support Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Election 08' who will you support Vote_lcap9%Election 08' who will you support Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Not voting
 9% [ 1 ]
Can't vote
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Tmobile Craver
Tmobile Craver

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Election 08' who will you support Empty
PostSubject: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:35 pm

The election is only a few months away who do think can get us out of this mess?
Back to top Go down
THECOW

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 10:08 pm

Barack Obama!
Back to top Go down
arcon
Im always on TmoWorld!
Im always on TmoWorld!

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 10:25 pm

i dont like either BIG canidates so nader is the way to go
obama is overdoing taxes and mccain is going to push through with war so i think nader may be the best

but Oprah
Back to top Go down
arcon
Im always on TmoWorld!
Im always on TmoWorld!

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 10:26 pm

would win over both
sorry hit enter
Back to top Go down
mingkee
Im always on TmoWorld!
Im always on TmoWorld!
mingkee

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 11:21 pm

now Obama picks Biden as mate, looks like "taichi" combo
but I don't know much about Joseph Biden
Back to top Go down
TH3 GAM3
Im always on TmoWorld!
Im always on TmoWorld!
TH3 GAM3

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 6:12 pm

I'm voting for Obama. I voted for him in the NY primary.
Back to top Go down
remnique
TmoWorld Fan
TmoWorld Fan

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:39 pm

There is only one true candidate and she will get a write in vote from me. Obama is a socailist and won't take sides on any issue, his economic plan will ruin my business, he didn't fix the schools in chicago, so how will he fix it on a nation wide scale. McCain has no real economic plan, ( if he picks Mitt Romney, I might consider him (from Michigan)). And Obama is going to only win 3 states, California, New York and Illinios

HILLARY '12
Back to top Go down
arcon
Im always on TmoWorld!
Im always on TmoWorld!

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:54 pm

i hate how he will win my state its stupid chicago completly dominates Southern IL in every single event sports, economics and government we only have 1 ghetto in my eyes and thats East STL everything else is great. So my county's doesnt even matter also the steryotype that everyone in Southern IL is hicks is also completly propostrous
Back to top Go down
Matt
Matt

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 9:06 pm

I just find it easier to keep my politics to myself. It causes too many problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdxmatt/
Tmobile Craver
Tmobile Craver

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 10:10 pm

remnique wrote:
There is only one true candidate and she will get a write in vote from me. Obama is a socailist and won't take sides on any issue, his economic plan will ruin my business, he didn't fix the schools in chicago, so how will he fix it on a nation wide scale. McCain has no real economic plan, ( if he picks Mitt Romney, I might consider him (from Michigan)). And Obama is going to only win 3 states, California, New York and Illinios

HILLARY '12

Keeping things as civilized as possible, remnique did you ever look at obamas or hillary's policies on their web sites in detail? Obama and hilary's plans were very similar. Also what type of business do you have? You might be hurt if you if you are part of one of those companies sending jobs over seas. Also obamas plan also involves ending the war. That brings back tons of money to help with the economy. Also he wants to close some of the unfair corporate loop holes in taxes. Aswell as incentives for developments in alt. Energy. Which would prolly help your company because I no yours is suffering from high gas prices as well. Also there is no way that obama would only win 3 states that all most ignorance because there are many many people who support obama. Also you can't count out all those newly energized voters as well as blacks who also voted in record numbers in the primaries. Also I believe to much has happend in this counrty for many many people to vote for someone who will not win. On the mccain side he plans on keeping just about every economic policy as the current admin. Who got us into this mess in the first place. I'm mean what does he offer different a a little bit of extra funding on alt. Energy and more drilling that won't help by the time 10 more years has passed? Because if he offers something more than bush has I would like to no! And at the least if you don't like either at least you could vote for the lesser of to evils instead of voting for someone who can't make a diff. And will never win. I didn't insult anyone in this so I hope that this will stay civilized other wise i'll lock this forum. But don't get me wrong I want other opinions just no insulting others or their ideals just an adult discussion.
Back to top Go down
remnique
TmoWorld Fan
TmoWorld Fan

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:22 pm

Always staying civil, and yes I looked at there plans, and yes they are similar but the way of achieving their goals are quit different. The business I run is several restaurants across 4 differnet states. and yes the price of food and gas is killing me. First Obama is against drilling, maybe he for it now, (flip flop) he assertion that if we start drilling today will not yield any oil for 10 years is false, all experts agree if we started today we will start producing within 6 months, I know all that oil will not come to the U.S. but the world market, which in turn would drive the price of oil down, goal achieved, and as for his excuse thats a short term solution, that is also false, under our soil it is estimated we have more oil than saudi arabia and venezuala combined. His support of alternative fuel, such as corn ethanol is driving the price of food up. His health care plan will require all businesses to provide the insurance to them, or get fined, which is expensive for me either way I go. Look at his economic plan, rolling back the tax rate to president reagan days, will only further stall the economy, how can you tell someone if you work hard and finally make it, to tell them ok now give the goverment over half of your money so we can to the poor and if you really look closely at his tax plan, yes he will give the middle class a tax cut. but what he don't say is he is going to raise the payroll tax. let me explain first he will end the tax cuts that were put in place by clinton and bush, second currently if you make over $102,000 you don't pay fica, but under obama, everyone will pay into it, (look closely that is a tax rate increase) third everyone that makes over $42,000 will pay more in payroll taxes, which is social security, medicare, medicade ect..., now if you do the math, the middle class will get a $1000 tax break, but when you add up the payroll tax increase that saving is gone. basically money that is personal income tax, can be refunded at the end of the year, but payroll taxes aren't refunded. Now if you look back at 1994 when the economy turned around it was accomplished by tax cuts to the very wealthy, what Obama won't tell you is that the top 5% who benefited from the tax cuts, pays about 80% of the federal taxes to this great country of ours, as of right now the average American pays about 12% of their income to taxes, while the ones who makes over $250,000 pays about 28% in taxes, now I ask you why would you punish the wealthy more (as obama said, the rich don't need that much money!) his relationship with tony resko, rev wright, willaim ayers, I know you obama supporters don't think those relationship is imported but I do. Tony Resko campaign bribery, he paid almost a million dollars to help obama buy his mansion, but obama didn't know him that well. rev wright, come on he went to that church for 20 years, he married him, baptised his kids but he didn't know he had those views, s**t oprah, (his biggest supporter) left that same church because of his views. and before you say anything I am a black man.
Back to top Go down
Tmobile Craver
Tmobile Craver

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:10 pm

remnique wrote:
Always staying civil, and yes I looked at there plans, and yes they are similar but the way of achieving their goals are quit different. The business I run is several restaurants across 4 differnet states. and yes the price of food and gas is killing me. First Obama is against drilling, maybe he for it now, (flip flop) he assertion that if we start drilling today will not yield any oil for 10 years is false, all experts agree if we started today we will start producing within 6 months, I know all that oil will not come to the U.S. but the world market, which in turn would drive the price of oil down, goal achieved, and as for his excuse thats a short term solution, that is also false, under our soil it is estimated we have more oil than saudi arabia and venezuala combined. His support of alternative fuel, such as corn ethanol is driving the price of food up. His health care plan will require all businesses to provide the insurance to them, or get fined, which is expensive for me either way I go. Look at his economic plan, rolling back the tax rate to president reagan days, will only further stall the economy, how can you tell someone if you work hard and finally make it, to tell them ok now give the goverment over half of your money so we can to the poor and if you really look closely at his tax plan, yes he will give the middle class a tax cut. but what he don't say is he is going to raise the payroll tax. let me explain first he will end the tax cuts that were put in place by clinton and bush, second currently if you make over $102,000 you don't pay fica, but under obama, everyone will pay into it, (look closely that is a tax rate increase) third everyone that makes over $42,000 will pay more in payroll taxes, which is social security, medicare, medicade ect..., now if you do the math, the middle class will get a $1000 tax break, but when you add up the payroll tax increase that saving is gone. basically money that is personal income tax, can be refunded at the end of the year, but payroll taxes aren't refunded. Now if you look back at 1994 when the economy turned around it was accomplished by tax cuts to the very wealthy, what Obama won't tell you is that the top 5% who benefited from the tax cuts, pays about 80% of the federal taxes to this great country of ours, as of right now the average American pays about 12% of their income to taxes, while the ones who makes over $250,000 pays about 28% in taxes, now I ask you why would you punish the wealthy more (as obama said, the rich don't need that much money!) his relationship with tony resko, rev wright, willaim ayers, I know you obama supporters don't think those relationship is imported but I do. Tony Resko campaign bribery, he paid almost a million dollars to help obama buy his mansion, but obama didn't know him that well. rev wright, come on he went to that church for 20 years, he married him, baptised his kids but he didn't know he had those views, s**t oprah, (his biggest supporter) left that same church because of his views. and before you say anything I am a black man.
Are sure about the oil? Be cause about 2 or three weeks ago there was a feature about this multi billiondn dollar oil rig that just started drill after taking I believe 6 years to survey the area, complete environmental checks and actuall build the rig its self and also when a rig 1st starts deilling the oil doesn't come up imediatly it could take months to year until they can start producing at all let alone full capacity. It also entails the oil companies finding out if the oil in these new areas will be enough to be profitable because without profit they won't drill as you know being a business man. And Obama didn't "flip flop" he compromised on a bill that also includes funding for alternative fuels. He also isn't in it just for biofuels i.e. Corn soy ethanol but other tech. Like wind solar and the like. We need to end our oil dependence all together not only just drill more which won't help much with growing oil demand from china and india. And besides we're dealing with a global economy so we need to continue to be the inovators in this type of tech. To help create new and different jobs because the time of auto manufacturing here in the US is just about done with. And the fact of the matter is if people are losing their jobs and homes then they aren't going to buy and shop much thereby hurting the big corporations anyway so we need to help those on the bottom and middle who are the back bone of this country. How would your business function with out the consumers? It wouldn't. And yeah he should have left that church a long time ago but a lot of what wright said was taken out of context just watch some of the semons in full not just the snipits we've all seen. And back to oil... yeah we have a lot but most of that oil isn't the pure liquid that we get that just comes up most of it can only be exstracted by pit digging, (can't remeber the exact term) but this leaves large pits/holes in the surface of the earth and recks the wild life habitat, we have to remember that we are dependent on the resources and wild life we can't just do things without regard or we'll only end up hurting our selves. The same thing with more drilling off shore we are already having problems with fish populations recking more coral will only make things worse. And I'm black as well and I no we need to contribute more to save our flailing school system especially in the inner cities. And check factcheck.com that issue with the one guy dealing with the dc bombing is a lie. And with Rescoe hello!!! Plenty of people have may seem to be trust worthy its not Obamas fault that he was dealling in shady contributions... I thought he was also involved with the clinton camp to in the past.. But I may be mixing him up in this situation with some one else.
We also need more spending control and more control over speculators. Also do you have any idea why disel fuel is so much more expensive then regular it makes no cents because it used to always be cheaper? And I think 4 years of obama would be much better than 4 more years of failed bush economics.
Back to top Go down
arcon
Im always on TmoWorld!
Im always on TmoWorld!

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 7:09 pm

i say neither is the answer solar or electric or we will eventually have a massive food strugle
Back to top Go down
THECOW

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:01 pm

Wow, you guys type too much. I can't read it all. Sad
Back to top Go down
remnique
TmoWorld Fan
TmoWorld Fan

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 10:19 am

The price of oil skyrocketed not oil because of demand, but because of speculators. Just the threat of drilling for more drove the price down, think back in June they were talking about gas hitting $5 a gallon by labor day, now you seeing it drop to $3.50. Congress had the power to stop the run up on oil, but chose not to.

check out this website; www.sp-usa.org go to platform

as for tony resco, he served on committes with him, lived down the street from him, had him over for dinner, he helped him recieve $14 million dollars! Tony gave Obama almost a million dollars for his mansion

Bill Ayers a few days after 9/11 said america got what it deserved, but obama stayed with him

Rev Wright, yes the comments they showed on tv were taken out of context, but when he went on tv for the national press, he made a lot of those same comments.

Obama gives a good speech, but really what do we know about him? he has never really won an election, his 1st election he went down and challenged signatures on his compitions petition til he had no one left to run against him, when we won in the senate race, he got lucky in that one also...
in that election he was losing in the primaries to the democrat challenger but he dropped out because of a scandel, and the republican candidate ended up being in a scandel also so he dropped out, so no one was left to run against obama, so the republican party brought in alan keyes from maryland so he basically lucked into his position. his voting record is porous, he really haven't taken a stand on much of anything

And if you really take a look at the primaries, Obama lost every large state primary, lost every democrat only primary, lost the popular vote by almost a million, if there wasn't any caucuses he wouldn't be the dem candidate, he lost big in Ohio, Texas, Cal, New York Ohio, Penn, Virginia, Florida, Mich (yes I know his name wasn't on the ballot, but he voluntarily took his name off)
Back to top Go down
Tmobile Craver
Tmobile Craver

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Did she really win by almost a million? You cant say that because yet again his name wasnt

on the ballot in Mich. and they do not count the raw tallies in the caucuses so you cant really add up the total pop. vote. The link you posted didnt work. And from what i have read Obama did denounce ayers comments www.factcheck.org and heres the link about resco: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/rezko_reality.html . Like i said you can be on a board with someone and not no that he/she is dealing under the table. This happends many times many men have second lives and get away with it. Here's another link about misrepresentations of Obama's tax plan http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/more_tax_deceptions.html . I also never said that drilling wouldn't help some with prices i ment that we need to do more than just more drilling drilling drilling...
Back to top Go down
Tmobile Craver
Tmobile Craver

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:32 pm

Here's more info. on small business under obama's tax plan.

Quote :
McCain's Small-Business Bunk
July 14, 2008
He claims 23 million small-business owners would pay higher tax rates under Obama. He's wrong. The vast majority would see no change, and many would get a cut.
Summary
McCain has repeatedly claimed that Obama would raise tax rates for 23 million small-business owners. It's a false and preposterously inflated figure.

We find that the overwhelming majority of those small-business owners would see no increase, because they earn too little to be affected. Obama's tax proposal would raise rates only on couples making more than $250,000 or singles earning more than $200,000.

McCain argues that Obama's proposed increase is a job-killer. He has a point. It's true that increasing taxes on those at the top would leave them less money for other purposes, including investment and hiring in the case of business owners. But the number of business owners who would see their rates go up would be only a small fraction of what McCain says. Many would see their taxes go down.
and here's the link http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/mccains_small-business_bunk.html
Back to top Go down
mingkee
Im always on TmoWorld!
Im always on TmoWorld!
mingkee

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:05 pm

wow
McChicken gets no love?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Election 08' who will you support   Election 08' who will you support Empty

Back to top Go down

Election 08' who will you support
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: T-Mobile :: TmoWorld Lounge-
Jump to: